‘Writing Race’ at the Sydney Writers’ Festival 2017. L to R: Paul Beatty, Ellen Van Neerven, Anuk Arudpragasam, Roanna Gonsalves. Photo by Prudence Upton.
- Sunday, August 13, 11 am to 12 pm, Global Stories, with Roanna Gonsalves, Felicity Castagna, Ali Alizadeh, in conversation with Alice Grundy, Town Hall Theatre, Mudgee Readers’ Festival. Book here.
- Saturday, August 12, 7 to 10 pm, Rant!, with Luke Carman, Matthew Thompson, Summer Land, Ailsa Piper, Roanna Gonsalves, Mudgee Brewing Company, Mudgee Readers’ Festival. Book here.
- Saturday, August 12, 1:30 to 2:30 pm, On Being Modern Outsider, Roanna Gonsalves in conversation with Sharell Fellows, Town Hall Theatre, Mudgee Readers’ Festival. Book here.
- Sunday, July 16, 2017, 10 am to 12 pm, Sunday Morning Talking Writing with Kate Evans, Michael Robotham, and Melissa Ashley, Maleny Community Centre Hall, Maleny Celebration of Books. Book Here.
- Saturday, May 27, 2017, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM, all-day workshop Rewilding your short story, at Science House, NYU Sydney, Sydney Writers’ Festival. Sold OUT.
- Friday, May 26, 2017, 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM, moderator of Writing Race, with Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty, Anuk Arudpragasam, Maxine Beneba Clarke, Ellen van Neerven, Roslyn Packer Theatre, Sydney Writers’ Festival.
- Friday, May 26, 2017, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: Human Baggage: The Hate Politics of Immigration, in conversation with Mona Chalabi, Samah Sabawi and Stephen Orlov, at Sydney Dance 1, Sydney Writers’ Festival.
- Thursday, May 25, 2017, 2:30 PM – 3:10 PM: On Literature As Selfie, Author Talk, Curiosity Stage at the Sydney Writers’ Festival
- Saturday, May 20, 2017: The long and the short of short stories, SAFAL, Macquarie University.
- Sunday, May 7, 2017: In conversation with Zoya Patel about The Permanent Resident, Muse Canberra http://www.musecanberra.com.au/events/2017/5/7/the-permanent-resident-roanna-gonsalves
- Sunday, April 9, 2017: Two Worlds, in conversation with Alice Pung and Deng Adut, hosted by Ruby Hamad, Newcastle Writers’ Festival. http://www.newcastlewritersfestival.org.au/session/two-worlds/
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017: Talking Writing: India, in conversation with Manisha Jolie Amin and Bem Le Hunte, facilitated by Zoya Patel, NSW Writers’ Centre http://www.nswwc.org.au/whats-on/talking-writing/talking-writing-india/
- Thursday, March 16, 2017: Author Talk at Waverley Library Waverley Library Theatrette, 48 Denison Street, 32-48 , Bondi Junction, NSW 2022 https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/author-talk-roanna-gonsalves-on-the-permanent-resident-tickets-31139381729
- Wednesday, March 15, Author talk at NSW Writers’ Centre ‘Write To The End’ writing group.
- Saturday, March 11, 2017: Invited to launch Vatsalyam, a film about South Asian parenting in Australia, screening as part of Cinema Thali, Parramasala http://www.parramasala.com
- Saturday, March 11, 2017: Panellist, Vatsalyam and South Asian parenting, Parramasala http://www.parramasala.com
- Saturday, March 11, 2017: Panellist, South Asian Diaspora: Perception and Reality, organised by Nautanki Theatre at Parramasala http://www.parramasala.com/events/south-asian-diaspora-perception-and-reality-panel-discussion
- February 27, 2017: Rockdale Library Author Talk, Sydney https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/author-talk-roanna-gonsalves-tickets-31111806250
- February 12, 2017: Panellist, From the Margins to the Mainland in conversation with Tony Birch, Sudeep Chakravarti, & Benjamin Law, moderated by Jamila Rizvi, Jaipur Literature Festival at Melbourne Writers’ Festival, Melbourne http://mwf.com.au/jlf-melbourne/
- February 12, 2017: Panellist, JLF Reading Salon, Jaipur Literature Festival at Melbourne Writers’ Festival, Melbourne http://mwf.com.au/jlf-melbourne/
- February 4, 2017: Author talk, Women’s Empowerment in Indian Villages (WEIV), Northern NSW http://www.ard-india.org
- December 17, 2016, In-conversation with Mridula Nath Chakraborty at Eltham Bookshop, supported by UWAP and SADIRN Monash Asia.
- December 8, 2016, Launch of The Permanent Resident, in conversation with Jerry Pinto, at the inauguration of the Goa Arts and Literature Festival, India. Launch speech published by Australian Women Writers’ Challenge here
- December 9-12, 2016, Panelist on Ways of Belonging: The Goan Diaspora, with Jorge Barreto Xavier (former Secretary of State for Culture, Portugal, artists and writer); Chair of the panel Finding a Voice: Persistence; Chair of the panel Cultural Extinction; Facilitator of the session Starfish Pickle, a preview of an illustrated novel by Bina Nayak; Facilitator of the session Encyclopedia of Vintage Songs by Michael Lobo, Goa Arts and Literature Festival http://www.goaartlitfest.com
- November 25, 2016, Panellist: South Asian Australian Stories, Wollongong Writers Festival
- November 9, 2016, Launch of The Permanent Resident, by Michelle De Kretser at the UNSW Bookshop, Sydney.
- Chair / In Conversation, Foreignness, UNSWriting, School of the Arts and Media, UNSW, 21 Sep, 2016